Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 resources in Biomass and Articles:
1. Case Study Of A Garbage Burner: Booby Traps For Politicians
When a local government proposes to solve the garbage crisis by building an incinerator, critics say, (1) it will be far costlier than you're being ...
2. Dioxin and Precaution
Two years ago, in 1997, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) formally concluded that dioxin causes cancer in humans. IARC is a division ...
3. Do Garbage Incinerators Produce Air Pollution Harmful To Humans (Part 2)
Does burning municipal garbage produce air pollution that might harm humans? We know that "mass burn" or "trash to steam" plants produce dioxin. Part of ...
4. Do Garbage Incinerators Produce Air Pollution Harmful To Humans (Part 3)
People concerned about landfills and about 'mass burn' incinerators need to pay close attention to the toxic metal, lead. Many new studies show it is ...
5. Hazardous Waste Incinerators
Across the country, citizen groups are fighting the introduction of hazardous waste incinerators into their neighborhoods. Are there good reasons to oppose such an incinerator ...
6. New Study Shows Incinerator Ash More Dangerous Than We Realized
A new study by a team of engineers at Rutgers, the state university of New Jersey, shows that municipal incinerator ash is more dangerous than ...
7. New Technical Study Criticizes Epa's Incinerator Regulations
A new technical paper presented at a recent meeting of the Air Pollution Control Association (but not yet published) strongly criticizes the U.S. Environmental Protection ...
8. Recycling Breakthrough Reported
A breakthrough has occurred in the recycling of household wastes, such that incineration projects will now be very much on the defensive. New evidence shows ...
9. Scientists Study How 'Mass Burn' Incinerators Produce Dioxin (Part 4)
When municipal garbage goes into a "mass burn" incinerator, one of the products that goes out the smokestack (or is trapped by a filter and ...
10. Sowing Seed, Planting Trees, Producing Power
The article examines "biomass" power generation and its effect local rural economies. ...
11. The town that haunts Al Gore
East Liverpool, OH, USA
How an incinerator in East Liverpool, Ohio, pollutes the vice president's reputation as a friend of the earth. ...
12. What We Must Do -- Part 13 More On Pollution Prevention
After pollution has been prevented at the manufacturing site, we will still have the problem of consumer products being discarded. If these consumer products contain ...